Thank you for your interest in auditioning for SCPA!
The application process has been extended to January 12, 2021, 11:59pm. If you are unable to submit your application by then, you will have the opportunity to apply for our second round of auditions this school year (more details to follow).
Due to Covid 19 and gathering restrictions, we must change our usual formatting for the school auditions. Please continue to refer to the audition application for audition requirements for each artistic major. Video record your submissions (per artistic discipline) and send them to SCPAAuditions@cpsboe.k12.oh.us. Arts portfolios and Creative Writing samples can be sent digitally to SCPAArtisticdept@cpsboe.k12.oh.us.
Video Submission Guidelines
- Grades 4-12 recording must be submitted by Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 11:59pm to SCPAAuditions@cpsboe.k12.oh.us
- The video should be labeled as follows: Student name, entering grade, art discipline (i.e. Jane Doe, grade 7, Dance). Videos that do not have the child’s name, entering grade and artistic area will not be accepted.
- The length of each video should not exceed 2 minutes, per artistic discipline.
- Review the videos for audio and display quality before submitting.
- Once you have completed your video, if auditioning in multiple areas you should create a folder/album and title it SCPA Audition.
- Place each video into the folder/album. Remember to check your video audio and visual quality prior to submission.
- Share the link with SCPAAuditions@cpsboe.k12.oh.us using a Google account.
Google Accountant Instructions:
- You can use your personal Google account if you have one or your student’s Google account if they have one.
- To create a new account go to www.google.com
- Click “Sign in” in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click “Create account”.
- Click “For myself”.
- If you have an existing email address, click “Use my current email address instead”.
- Enter the information requested and click “Next”.
- Follow the instructions.
- For support with the audition submission please contact CPS Family Technology Support Center at 513-363-0688, Monday - Friday, 8am - 6pm.
Once submitted our teaching staff will review your audition and grant you a call back if more information is needed. Callbacks will be in-person. All social distancing guidelines and safety measures will be in place for the in-person call backs. Please note, We are only able to make a few accommodations for students and families that are not able to participate with the in-person callbacks! Please Note:
- You will receive an in-person callback, if additional information is needed, by January 15, 2021, 11:59pm.
- In-person call callbacks to The School for Creative and Performing Arts will take place during the week of January 18-22, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact us at SCPAArtisticdept@cpsboe.k12.oh.us.
Thank you, we look forward to seeing your child’s talent!